I love my mornings with these things: coffee, tangy yogurt, the honeyed, crunchy spice of this homemade granola with fruit, and something good to read. Homemade granola is easy, healthy and delicious… it’s also fun because you can customize it to your taste. I usually just see what I have in the cupboard and improvise.
- 4 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 C seeds
- 1 C chopped nuts
- 1 T pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 C honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 C olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 C dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 325˚
- Set dried fruit aside.
- Mix other dry ingredients together in a bowl and stir in oil and honey or maple syrup.
- Spread on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and bake until golden, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in dried fruit.
- Cool, then store in airtight container.
Favorite flavor combinations:
cranberry with candied ginger and flaxseeds (pictured, bake seeds with granola—use honey and olive oil)
coconut with pumpkin seeds and currants (bake raw, unsweetened coconut flakes and seeds with the granola—use maple syrup and coconut oil)