The holidays are coming! Which might not make us all feel quite as giddy as our pal Buddy the Elf here, so I’ve compiled this short list of advice to get us into the holiday spirit.
- Hugs are good, just don’t try to hug a raccoon.
- Keep smiling, and if someone gives you a hard time, say, “I just like to smile. Smiling’s my favorite!”
- Santa doesn’t smell like beef and cheese.
- Gum on the street isn’t free candy.
- There IS singing at the North Pole.
- The four major food groups for elves are: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup.
- Just because a sign says “World’s Best Cup of Coffee” doesn’t make it true.
- Save time for making gingerbread houses, ice skating, eating cookie dough, holding hands, and snuggling.
- And singing. Remember, “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!”
- Forget about those six inch ribbon curls.
Oh, and you can also come learn how to make body butters with me the Sunday after Thanksgiving at DIG Gardens—wine and snacks are included. Their workshops fill up fast, so sign up here ASAP!
Or come to one of my upcoming markets in December; I’ll have plenty of gift ideas for that special someone on your list. I have a fresh, new look and I’ll be releasing a couple of new products, including an herbal facial steam and a rose salve!
And Saturday, December 17th at the Santa Cruz Food Lounge. Check the events page for updates!